Holiday Fun with the Christmas Elf Kit!
Enjoy making three retro elves with spun cotton, bump chenille, and other miniature craft components in the Smile Mercantile Christmas Elf Kit! Kits are available here in retro colors, and classic red and green.
*Low temp hot glue is recommended for assembly. Glue not included.*
Watch the assembly video:
Instructions for assembly:
Part 1: Open packet A
- Glue the head (white egg) onto the body (painted ball,) pointy side down.
- Glue the face onto the head, leaving room under the chin for the beard.
- Bend the beard into a ‘U’ shape, and glue the ends to the edges of the face.
Part 2: Open packet B
- Select a piece of bump chenille to use as the arms. Bend it into a ‘U’ shape, and attach its center to the back of the neck with a dot of glue.
- Select a piece of bump chenille to use for the legs. Bend it into a ‘U’ shape, and glue the bent portion to the underside of the body.
- Attach shoes to the ends of the legs, and bend at the ankle.
- Glue a pine cone to one of the round chipboard bases, off to one side.
- Adjust the legs to a sitting position, and glue the rear end of the elf to edge of the pine cone.
Part 3: Open Packet C
- Cut out the hat shape from the flocked paper rectangle. If you desire a
hanging loop, use scissors to poke a tiny hole in the center of the hat shape. Insert a small loop of skinny pipe cleaner through the front of the hat, and then open the ends of the pipe cleaner to secure it on the inside
of the hat.
- Bend a white pipe cleaner segment to follow the curve of the lower
edge of the hat, and trim off the excess length. Attach it to the inside edge of the hat paper with a small amount of glue.
- Gently bend the hat paper and the attached pipe cleaner trim into a
cone shape, and check the fit of the hat by holding it onto the elf’s head.
Once it is adjusted to fit, seal the seam with glue.
- Apply glue the very top of the forehead and the sides of the head, position
the hanging loop at the front, and press the hat into place.
- Give the elf one of the miniature trinkets to hold, and glue it in place.
- Repeat these steps to make the other two elves.