Holiday Fun with the Christmas Elf Kit!
Enjoy making three retro elves with spun cotton, bump chenille, and other miniature craft components in the Smile Mercantile Christmas Elf Kit! Kits are available here in retro colors, and classic red and green.
*Low temp hot glue is recommended for assembly. Glue not included.*
Watch the assembly video:
Instructions for assembly:
Part 1: Open packet A
- Glue head (white ball) onto body (painted ball.)
- Glue face onto head, leaving a little room under the chin for the beard.
- Bend beard into a ‘U’ shape, and glue around the edges of the face.
Part 2: Open packet B
- Select a piece of bump chenille to use as the arms. Bend it into a ‘U’ shape, and attach its center to the back of the neck with a dot of glue.
- Select a piece of bump chenille to use for the legs. Bend it into a ‘U’ shape, and glue the bent portion to the underside of the body.
- Attach shoes to the ends of the legs, and bend at the ankle.
- Glue a pine cone to one of the round chipboard bases, off to one side.
- Adjust the legs to a sitting position, and glue the rear end of the elf to edge of the pine cone.
Part 3: Open Packet C
- Cut out the hat shape from the flocked paper rectangle. If you desire a hanging loop, use scissors to poke a tiny hole in the center of the hat shape and insert a small loop of skinny pipe cleaner, securing it with glue.
- Bend the hat paper into a cone shape, and seal the seam with glue.
- Make a ring out of white pipe cleaner that fits snugly around the elf’s head and forehead like a halo, and attach it with glue.
- Add glue to the inner rim of the hat, position the hanging loop at the front, and press onto the elf’s head over the pipe cleaner ring.
- Give the elf one of the miniature trinkets to hold, and glue it in place.
- Repeat these steps to make the other two elves.